Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. ~Charles W. Eliot
Take a moment to think about what reading is for you? A hobby? A way to kill some time? A way to escape from the daily problems into a different world? An entertainment? An addiction? A necessity? Or all of them? For many people reading is a luxury (or at least they think so).
There are people who read every day, others read once in a month. Some people can't imagine a day without reading at least a few pages of their favorite book, for others it is a waste of time. Different people, different reading habits.
There are two types of people who think of reading as a luxury: the ones that don't have time for reading and the ones that don't make time for opening a book.
In the hectic time we are living, many people just can't find time for reading. Many work two full jobs to make a living and in their "free" time they have to care for their families. And above all, books cost some money. Should these people give up reading?
People who love books, but have no time for reading for one or another reason, could "slice up" the reading into parts. Many books are offered as a series. This way, not only busy people will have the time for reading one episode a week, but also much like a favourite TV show, readers can have something to look forward every week.
The other type of people, who think of reading as a luxury are the ones that have the time, but they don't admit that they prefer to spend it by doing something else, different then reading. These people either don't have the need to read or they just don't realize it.
Here comes the next question: is reading a necessity?
Well, we don't need books for our physical survival like food and water. Books are not placed on the bottom of the Pyramid of Maslow next to the physiological needs, that's true.
But we have also other needs like self-actualization and here is where personal growth and fulfillment belong to. Here is where reading books falls. In this sense, reading is a necessity.
We need to read books. They are informative, they can make us forget about our ordinary day-to-day problems; they can transfer us into a whole new world. They can change our perspectives, enrich our imagination, help us get to know ourselves and the world we live in better.
Is the lack of time a reason for people to stay away from books? This is a question that every person should answer for himself.
So, is reading a luxury or a necessity? Reading, at the end of the day, is a matter of priority and a choice.
Senserial Publishing offers e-books that can be read in an exciting series style, with an episode being released every week. This way, much like your favorite TV shows, you will be left hanging off the edge of your seat every week.
Thus, we would like to introduce a new way of reading eBook novels that will encourage people to read more.
An added advantage that Senserial Publishing provides is the affordability of our e-books.
- In case you missed it over the weekend, we've got great deals on Kindle Paperwhite. Best Buy is the proprietor of both discounts, knocking $50 off all iPad Mini with Retina Display models, and 20 bucks off the Paperwhite.
- If you plan to purchase a pressure cooker for the first time, you'll be faced with a variety of choices when you begin shopping for a pressure cooker. To help with your decision, we've prepared this buyer's guide so you’ll be able to determine what is best pressure cooker your needs.
- Juicer maybe a useful cookware, however, if you want to buy one this time I strong recommend you reading reviews carefully. To do that you can visit this website: Best Juicer Reviews
- If you are planing to by a Hoover vacuum cleaner, you came to right place. We provide you the best Hoover vacuum cleaner reviews and guides to help you choose the good one for your need
- In order to help you choose the best portable ice makers we provide you reliable reviews on some of the best portable ice machines available on the market today.
- A step pedometer watch is a device that will sense your movement and record the number of steps you take. A pedometer watch is essential device for anyone who want to track the number of steps that they are daily taking, this a good device for anyone who want to live healthy
Rhinoplasty is a form of plastic surgery by which a person can get the size and shape of his/her nose enhanced. Though most of the people o...
Copier Plano provides the best servicing needs one requires. They provide new as well rebuilt copier. They can provide solutions for all bus...
One of the most popular activities to have at any event or party where children are going to attend is face painting. This is a fun way not ...
There has been an ongoing debate about whether companies should allow their employees to work remotely or insist that they are office-based ...
Salvage yard is the best place to take the decommissioned or wrecked cars or vehicles. Salvage yards Indianapolis likewise deals with all th...
When it comes to condos for rent in Bangkok many would say that you are actually spoilt for choice. Now more than ever Bangkok plays host to...
The culture and entertainment landscape of The Hague got recently richer with a hip new element. A-Maze Escape Events, a local start-up, pre...
Gas detectors are used in a lot of homes and industries to spot the presence of harmful gases which could affect the health of human beings....
A type might perhaps be extra powerful in comparison to some other inside the battle, but a whole great supply more vulnerable to Cheap RS m...
1 grams of authentic 24K gold in conventional return type such as cafes or silver coins. If you are advertising gold cafes or resources, the...
Powered by Blogger.